In 2007, Nepal officially became a Federal Democratic Republic country with its new constitution,Nepal also announced the new federal structures consisting of 7 provinces with 753 local levels categorized as rural municipality, municipality, metropolitan and sub-metropolitan.
Local Boundaries brings the detailed geodata of administrative units or maps of all administrative boundaries defined by the Government of Nepal, in an open and reusable format. The local boundaries are available in two formats (TopoJSON and GeoJSON) and can be easily reused to map local levels data to OpenStreetMap, Google Map, Leaflet or MapBox interactively.
Why Local Boundaries
- Local Boundaries allow anyone to quickly map local authority data to OpenStreetMap, Google Map, Leaflet or MapBox interactively.
- It lets developers create and visualize the local levels data in a map of Nepal for comparison and others stuffs.
- It can be useful for planning, analysis, monitoring and making decision by integrating with different software tools and libraries.
- It lets you visualize on a map where the lines being drawn, right down to the level of individual properties.
Levels and types of local boundaries included
- Provinces Level (7 Provinces)
- Districts Level (77 Districts)
- Local Levels (753 Local Levels) Local Levels Includes:
- Rural Municipality (Gaupalika)
- Municipality (Nagarpalika)
- Metropolitan (Mahanagarpalika)
- Sub-Metropolitan (Upamahanagarpalika)
- National Parks
- Wildlife Reserves
- Hunting Reserves
The datasets are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).